Welcome to the Home Page of the IEEE Power and Energy Society UoM Student Branch Chapter website!
Our website is continually updated with all of the latest lectures and events that the Branch is running – check back often to make sure that you don’t miss out!!!
IEEE Power and Energy Student Branch Chapter at The University of Manchester has over 100 student members at the University. It was formed in 2012 and has since become one of best performing Student Branches in the UK and Republic of Ireland PES Chapter. We are based within the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Manchester. We also hold the reporting duties of the IEEE Student Branch at UoM in addition to out IEEE PES activities.
- 2019 IEEE Region 8 Chapter of the Year Award (for Medium Size Student Branch)
- 2019 IEEE PES High Performance Student Branch Chapter
- 2019 IEEE Region 8 Student Branch Website Contest – 4th Place
- 2018 IEEE PES High Performance Student Branch Chapter
- 2017 IEEE PES High Performance Student Branch Chapter
- 2016 IEEE PES High Performance Student Branch Chapter
- 2015 IEEE Darrel Chong Student Activity Award – SILVER
- 2014 IEEE Darrel Chong Student Activity Award – BRONZE